Monday, September 27, 2010

My first commercial gig

I didn't have my Craigslist posting up for but one day and I got a call from a local hotel asking if I would be interested in taking photographs of their property for their online site. I was very hesitant to take the job, as I had NO experience in doing something like that. I didn't even know if my limited equipment would be able to handle what the job entailed. However, with some encouragement from my husband, I accepted. I showed up not at all knowing what to expect, and just did the best I could! It took a couple of tries for a few of the photos (taken on separate trips to the hotel) and borrowing some equipment from a friend, but I was able to do it! Luckily, the hotel owner was very patient and understanding about the fact that I had no experience in this particular field, which made the job that much more enjoyable. I learned so much and would love the opportunity to do more of this kind of work in the future!






3 comments:

  1. I was the assistant manager at that hotel for 7 months in 2007, and worked there for over a year before! It looks great, and so do the photos! I can't stop looking at these, lol! Is Jimmy still the owner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny! Small world, eh? :) Yes, Jimmy is still the owner. I did get to see the "before" photos on the website before he spruced the place up and he did a REALLY good job...night and day difference. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He did do a good job. I'm glad he's been able to keep the hotel going. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and encouraged!